Samsung, the largest South Korean company, does not require much presentation. The giant electronics brand has a wide presence all around the world. Its technology stack and online presence have helped greatly to reach such a strong presence, engaging with customers through dozens of countries.
The highly skilled E-Turia team members supported the development of the Samsung global B2C site. This SAP Commerce Cloud platform, seizes greatly the reusability and modularity of the code, allowing it to expose multiple sites with a variety of technologies like SAP Spartacus or Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
Amongst the multiple Samsung customer sites the E-Turia team is working on, we can find Samsung Germany, Belgium, Finland, the United Kingdom, and Russia. Even though some technology is shared by all these B2C sites, the project architecture allows for easy usage of different technologies.
Throughout the project execution, the team has been supporting all necessary project areas, with special attention to:
- Development and configuration of new payment gateways, exposing them with simple interfaces to connect to any sites and ensuring security standards.
- Full integration and review with the Order Process, including the previously developed Standard Russian Bank gateway integration.
- Connections between hybris Commerce Cloud and SAP’s ERP to ensure the seamless connection of core items like the orders placed by customers.
- Control of the multi-country needs for the different email strategies on the project sites.
- Planning and implementation of the Samsung Rewards program across several countries in Latin America, like Colombia, Chile, Peru, and Mexico.